These ratings are getting to be repetitive when it's bad performance after bad performance. And now it's five of those in a row. So not much change versus previous weeks. I'll say this: Galaxy fans, be very thankful that we have Romain Alessandrini, and profusely hope we build a better team around him next year.
It'll be a good day when I get to use the "excellent" category again. Player ratings:
- Romain Alessandrini - nice movement and assist to Steres on LA's first goal. Dangerous cornerkicks that he earned leading to chaos. New England with a rough time containing him. He essentially was the LA Galaxy offense.
- Daniel Steres - victimized by Nguyen on the first goal, ball watching. However, got a goal back with a well taken header. Then another great headed goal at the beginning of the second half. Nice poaching! Burned on third and fourth New England goals, left stranded in the center. We'll call it a wash.
- Ariel Lassiter - Whiffs on what should be an easy goal, but gets lucky on the second try for LA's third goal and his first in MLS.
- Brian Rowe - didn't make himself big on Kamara's goal. Hung out to dry by his defense.
- Bradley Diallo - nearly gives Kamara an assist on a poor defensive header. Terrible tackle earns him a yellow card. Ball watching on the fourth New England goal.
- Jelle Van Damme - when your defensive gives up 4, not good leadership on the backline. Caught upfield too often.
- Ashley Cole - sucked into the center on Kamara's goal. Lost Bunbury along with Diallo on the fourth Revs goal.
- Rafael Garcia - great defensive play saving a goal in minute 62, then another solid challenge on Nguyen seconds later. Outrun by Bunbury for New England's third goal.
- Jermaine Jones - bad turnovers in central midfield, and tended to play on the flanks. Earned a yellow for a dumb bump on Nguyen. Missed a header, letting the ball bounce through, for New England's second goal. Mercifully subbed at the half.
- Giovani dos Santos - he played?
- Emmanuel Boateng - most of the attack went through Alessandrini, so Ema didn't have much to do out left.
- Jack McBean - yellow card for a thrown elbow. Ineffectual up top and invisible.
- Dave Romney - nice assist to Steres. Among the players burned on Bunbury's goal.
- Bradford Jamieson IV - 10 minutes, two touches in the attacking half. That's not an attacking sub.