- With the LA Galaxy in rainy Oregon, let's start with The Oregonian who spoke to Donovan Ricketts about the importance of the match. Ricketts took the Carpe Diem approach, that a playoff berth can never be taken for granted. Galaxy fans may have other feelings about Ricketts and the playoffs.
- The Sports Network talked to Caleb Porter about the role Diego Valeri has played for the Timbers. Portland are unbeaten in their last three matches, and Valeri bagged the lone goal in their victory over Colorado. A fun Valeri quote from the article: He tells me almost every week, 'Coach, we're going to win championships here.' Can't argue with that attitude.
- It's pouring rain in Portland. In case that hasn't come across yet.
- Caleb Porter called the Galaxy the toughest full strength to beat in MLS. Fans know the issue has been keeping a full strength squad.
- Here are LA Galaxy Insider Adam Serrano's three points on the upcoming match.
- The Timbers hate to lose, apparently. I've heard TFC loves it though. Loves it like chocolate.
- In other news, the LA Times had a piece on Carlos Bocanegra being totally chill with not being on the national team anymore.
- Seattle can take back the driver's seat for the Supporters' Shield with a win over New York tonight.
Four Star Match Day: LA Galaxy vs. Portland Timbers
With the LA Galaxy set to take on the Portland Timbers, let's take a look at the local papers and see what they have to say about the upcoming match.
By Josie Becker