Why can't this team win on the road? Against the Rapids, no less. What was looking to be a professional point with an anemic offense went pear shaped at the very end with a brutal clearance from Steres, and ball watching from Rogers. It was particularly unfortunate for Steres who was having a very good night up until the last 15 seconds of the game.
At this point it's hard to remember what a road win feels like. The subs didn't help with Galaxy pressure or possession, and when the Colorado goal happened you just didn't feel surprised. Of course it was Marco Pappa.
- Rowe - 7 The rest of the team owes him dinner and a clean sheet. A very solid match from the backup keeper that looks more and more like he might be ready for consistent prime time. With 7 total saves, and a couple of diving fingertip saves, Rowe had a nice night and isn't to blame on the goal. The Galaxy also didn't look as bad as previous weeks on set pieces. Man of the match.
- Rogers - 4.5 Left Pappa criminally unmarked on the winning goal. Other than a very nice cross into Keane that should have been finished, also had a pretty bad passing night. Lots of errant boot ball from the left.
- Steres - 5.5 Brutally bad header clearance at the end. Between that and his tactical yellow card had to knock him down to a 5.5. It's unfortunate because before the last 15 seconds he was solid, in particular in the air. As a result of a decent 94 minutes of play he gets a better score than Rogers does. Hoping he learns from the experience. 15 defensive actions on the night with 8 clearances.
- DeLaGarza - 5.5 Didn't get up the pitch much, wasn't good with the ball in the back like usual, and was beat a few times for speed.
- Van Damme - 6 Okay performance. Did well in the back and wasn't at fault for the goal. 12 defensive actions. Yellow card.
- de Jong - 6 Uncharacteristic bad passing night for the defensive midfielder. 14 defensive actions.
- Gerrard - 6.5 Four key passes and decent set piece delivery service made him one of the better players for the Galaxy. 85%+ passing accuracy as well. Unfortunately he still got a yellow card for clattering into a Rapids player on the sideline.
- Zardes - 5 Not sure where Gyasi's passing game has gone to. Less than 60% passing accuracy again. That's just not good enough.
- Lletget - 6 Didn't see much of him this week though he did have a key pass and earned a few fouls.
- Keane - 5.5 Should have had a goal in the first half. 12 touches. All game.
- Magee - 6 Moved the ball around but not much else.
- Boateng - 4.5 Still a chicken with its head cut off. Not a ton of touches for his time, and was almost sent off.
- Husidic - 5 Didn't help with late game pressure.
Individual player ratings are determined using a 10 point scale where 6 is the starting point - similar to the standard set by whoscored (https://www.whoscored.com/Explanations).