If you’re a big fan of jerseys, you’re probably someone who purchases jerseys. And if you purchase jerseys, there’s a good chance you put a name on the back of your jersey.
If you do put a name on your jersey (I am frugal, and I typically do not), you could go for a personalized name or a nickname or something funny, or you could go with a player’s name. But how do you pick the players?
When it comes to the LA Galaxy, I feel like the choice is pretty easy. The club has so many icons and superstars, you don’t have to feel bad rolling in to a game with the same name on the back of your jersey as everyone else.
And sure, you could go hipster, there’s tons of players, obscure and not so obscure, to choose from, but more than likely, unless Stefan Ishizaki came to your school and looked you in the eye and talked to you that one time, you’re probably going for a big name.
So, some of the big choices:
- Landon Donovan: The best ever in MLS. No need to say more.
- Cobi Jones: The Galaxy’s ironman, and the guy who helped turn generations of Americans into soccer fans.
- Mauricio Cienfuegos: The O.G. hero, and a nice mix of the cult star with the hipster pick.
- Carlos Ruiz: Pescadito was absolutely not a one-club man and his wandering ways soured his legend status anywhere in MLS, but he played the best years of his very, very long career, hands down, with the Galaxy and pushed them to a title.
- David Beckham: Definitely transformed MLS, arguably revived it, and was a consummate professional with the Galaxy, too.
- Robbie Keane: Had the goals and the grit of 500 men to will the Galaxy to greater heights.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic: The biggest star since Beckham and the player who produced the most “Wow!” moments in MLS history.
- Chicharito: The new superstar on the block, but Chicha is arguably a bigger name locally than any who came before. Now, we need to see him really ball out on the field.
Which of these stars would you put as the name on the back of your Galaxy jersey? Vote in the poll, and if I missed a big one, let me know in the comments below.
Which name would you get on the back of your Galaxy jersey?
This poll is closed