The Victoria Block party, officially kicking off the upcoming season for LA Galaxy supporters and unveiling the new safe-standing section at Dignity Health Sports Park, takes place Saturday from 3-8 pm.
The event will include open training in the stadium, scheduled to begin at 4:30 pm, and other fun activities. You can meet Chicharito for $500 (proceeds going to the LA Galaxy Foundation) and do some other things for less money or free.
You’re asked to RSVP for Victoria Block party, so if you haven’t yet, do that here.
Here’s some footage of the first-team players installing the flip down seats in the safe standing section.
More news for your Friday:
- Panic for Jona? Jonathan dos Santos posted a photo of himself wearing a medical bracelet on his Instagram account, which of course left Galaxy fans panicking that he’s got a terrible injury. At this point, Corner of the Galaxy reported the issue is “muscle tightness” leading to some tests according to the club, which is remarkably ambiguous! We’ll see if this is a problem or not moving forward.
UPDATE: Was informed that JDS was just getting some tests on some muscle tightness that has been bothering him this preseason.— Corner Of The Galaxy (@GalaxyPodcast) February 7, 2020
Doesn’t seem like anything serious at this point. Just being thorough. #LAGalaxy #MLS https://t.co/UIqlOpzB2U
- USWNT playing at DHSP Friday: The latest round of Concacaf Women’s Olympic qualifying is here, literally, as the U.S. Women’s National Team will play Mexico after Canada plays Costa Rica, both games at Dignity Health Sports Park. The final will also be here, on Sunday, to determine the winner of the tournament.
- New Corner of the Galaxy episode: Here’s the latest episode of the pod, featuring Josh and Sophie. Plenty of talk about preseason, the CBA and much more.
- Galaxy’s most important player is...In his latest column, MLSsoccer.com’s Matt Doyle goes over the top player for each team this season. The Galaxy player? Probably up for some debate!
- Los Dos Scrimmage: According to California United Strikers FC, they’ll be playing Los Dos in a preseason scrimmage Friday. We’ll see if any info emerges from the match.
Today’s question: Will you be attending any of the Concacaf Olympic qualifying games this weekend? Ticket sales have been said to be sluggish so far, if you’re not going is there a particular reason? Let’s chat about it in the comments below!