In case you were wondering, new LA Galaxy defender Emiliano Insua has arrived in Southern California, the Argentine excitedly posting an Instagram story on Monday of the palm tree lined boulevard outside the stadium, in the the training room, etc.
The 31-year-old left back is expected to be an upgrade at the position, which was an absolute problem spot for the Galaxy last year, and now he’s in town and training with the team.
Here’s more news for your Tuesday:
- Galaxy play preseason game Tuesday: The first preseason game is upon us, as LA are scheduled to host the Vancouver Whitecaps today at 12:30 pm. We’ll share the details we can find from the tune-up scrimmage.
- New Corner of the Galaxy episode: In the latest episode to drop, Josh and Kevin goes over the USMNT-Costa Rica friendly over the weekend and the many Galaxy connections in the game, as well as news and notes from preseason camp for the Galaxy. Good listen as always.
- Watch party list: Angel City Brigade dropped their updated list of Galaxy watch party bars around the Southland on Monday. A handy list for the season ahead.
- Christen Press golazo: The U.S. Women’s National Team are in the midst of Concacaf Olympic qualifying, and local product Christen Press hit an absolute golazo in Monday’s 6-0 group stage win over Costa Rica. The USWNT are coming to Dignity Health Sports Park for Friday’s game, to begin the knockout phase of the tournament.
- Galaxy academy players called up: The U.S. U-14 Girls National Team is having a regional training camp in Chula Vista this week, and several players who feature for LA Galaxy academies — GK Taylor Davis, midfielders Makena Irvine and Elaine Pimentel, and forward Natalie Sheffey — have been called up. Congrats and best of luck to them at the camp.
Today’s question: What are you expecting from Tuesday’s game? Obviously preseason is a chance to get fitness and try some things, but anything in particular you’re looking for? Let’s chat in the comments below!