Update: ESPN FC writers Jeff Carlisle and Doug McIntyre have confirmed with their sources that Zlatan is in talks with MLS to join the Galaxy. The 34-year-old posted a "Goodbye" message to PSG fans on Friday, confirming his departure from the French champions.
The article also discusses the possibility of a Robbie Keane retirement and the Swede going out on loan before the start of the 2017 MLS season.
My last game tomorrow at Parc des Princes. I came like a king, left like a legend pic.twitter.com/OpLL3wzKh0— Zlatan Ibrahimović (@Ibra_official) May 13, 2016
According to Alessandro Alciato of Sky Italia, Swedish superstar Zlatan Ibrahimovic is on his way to the LA Galaxy. Ibrahimovic's contract is up in the summer and it is looking increasingly unlikely he renews with current club PSG.
Sky Italia report that Zlatan Ibrahimovic will announce in the next few hours that he is leaving PSG. Likely destination: Los Angeles Galaxy— Julien Laurens (@LaurensJulien) May 12, 2016
Zlatan became the French club's all-time leading goalscorer, but after winning league titles in five different European countries, the striker could be on his way to the United States.
Alciato states there is a 90% chance Ibrahimovic joins LA, with the other 10% belonging to Manchester United.
Percentuali Ibra oggi: 90% LA, 10% ManUtd #market— Alessandro Alciato (@AAlciato) May 12, 2016
In the past, however, Zlatan had claimed it was too late into his career to make a move to England, acknowledging MLS as one of the options.
Of course, the LA Galaxy's Designated Player situation doesn't make things look more plausible, and until further news, it is just a rumor. What do you think of Zlatan's rumored move to Los Angeles?