The LA Galaxy have gone back to the beach for training camp this week, with a gallery of photos of the day at hand on the club website. Gotta say, there’s more grimaces than grins, which isn’t surprising considering it’s preseason and “The Butcher” is hanging out monitoring the players’ every move. If you’ve ever had to train on a beach it’s not actually a lot of fun if you’re not used to it!
Have to think the players slept very well at night after this.
More news for your Friday:
- Galaxy’s role in bringing tide of Mexican players over: If it feels like more Mexican stars are coming to MLS these days, that’s because there is. Tom Marshall has a great breakdown at ESPN looking at why the tide has started, and Joe Corona notes the interest from players in Liga MX looking to get to MLS. Definitely worth a read.
- Schedule kerfuffle: If you use the easy step of dropping the Galaxy schedule with the push of a button, you may have been in for a rude awakening yesterday, with an advertisement listed on fans’ calendars, to much annoyance. Our friends at Black and Red United covered this puzzling and aggravating situation.
- New Corner of the Galaxy pod: If you followed the social media yesterday, some technical snafus waylaid the live show, but Josh and Eric still put out a new non-live show that’s ready for your listening pleasure.
- Skjelvik rumor: Danish outlet BT reported on Friday that Jorgen Skjelvik will be joining Danish club Odense Boldklub, better known as OB. All signs have indicated Skjelvik is on his way out with the Galaxy, so we could see some official movement soon, if this report is accurate.
- Tickets still available for USMNT-Costa Rica: Dignity Health Sports Park will host the U.S. Men’s National Team vs. Costa Rica friendly on Saturday, and based on Kevin Baxter’s report Friday morning, tickets would appear to very much still be available, with advance sales clocking in at a reported 6,500. Woof.
Ticket sales for @USMNT friendly with Costa Rica on Saturday at Dignity Health Sports Park currently at 6,500— Kevin Baxter (@kbaxter11) January 31, 2020
Today’s question: Are you going to the USMNT-Costa Rica game tomorrow? Are tickets too expensive? Let’s talk about that and whatever else you like in the comments below!