This Sunday the LA Galaxy will take on the Chicago Fire with Landon Donovan and Robbie Keane but without Omar Gonzalez who will play with the United States against Turkey earlier in the day. To get a handle on how Mike Magee's current club is doing, we asked some questions of Sean Spence at Hot Time in Old Town. My answers to his questions will be posted later today:
1) Last year's three goal total was a career best for Quincy Amarikwa, now he's Chicago's leading goal scorer. So what's going right for him?
2) So the LA Galaxy gave Chicago Mike Magee last year, which caused much wailing and gnashing of teeth. How's he been doing? Does he still do that one thing? Can you tell him we miss him?
3) Does the name LA Galaxy still strike fear in the hearts of MLS fans around the country? Like Angelina wearing horns and walking around a green screen room?
4) I have a hard time getting a handle on Harry Shipp. He's that Landon Donovan type who is either a forward or a midfielder depending on his mood, but outside of the hat trick he's goal free. What's his deal?
5) Here's someone else I've never understood, Sean Johnson. He's at almost a 2 goal against a match average, saves only about half the shots he faces. Yet, he's been a national team camp staple for years. Is he secretly a good goalkeeper, like Bruce Wayne and Batman?
6) Who haven't I asked about that I should know about?