After LA Galaxy II found out which teams they would primarily be playing in the USL Championship’s return to play plan, with 15 regular-season games, most of them played within a group of five teams, the schedule itself dropped last week and now we know who they will play and when.
Here’s the full slate for the rest of the season:
- Saturday, July 11: Away at Phoenix Rising FC
- Sunday, July 19: Away at San Diego Loyal
- Saturday, July 25: Home vs. Sacramento Republic
- Wednesday, July 29: Home vs. San Diego Loyal
- Friday, Aug. 7: Away vs. Orange County SC
- Wednesday, Aug. 12: Home vs. Phoenix Rising FC
- Saturday, Aug. 22: Home vs. Orange County SC
- Wednesday, Aug. 26: Away vs. Portland Timbers 2
- Saturday, Aug. 29: Home vs. Las Vegas Lights FC
- Saturday, Sept. 5: Away vs. Orange County SC
- Wednesday, Sept. 9: Home vs. San Diego Loyal
- Monday, Sept. 14: Home vs. Las Vegas Lights FC
- Saturday, Sept. 26: Away vs. Las Vegas Lights FC
- Wednesday, Sept. 30: Home vs. Orange County SC
- Saturday, Oct. 3: Away at Phoenix Rising FC
So bookending the season against Phoenix Rising, both away, is a rough slate, considering Phoenix appear to be the prohibitive favorite in the Western Conference. The schedule is also a bit light in the opening weeks, which may be a blessing considering Los Dos could be shorthanded with the LA Galaxy first team scheduled to be away in Orlando until as late as Aug. 11 if they win the MLS is Back Tournament.
We also know the non-group opponents Los Dos will face, and no surprise, Sacramento Republic is one of them. The other one, Portland Timbers 2, isn’t as close to LA as, say, Reno 1868, but with the Cascadia teams needing to find opponents and being located in a remote corner, it’s not a shock Los Dos drew the assignment to play T2.
We’ll be sure to have coverage of Saturday’s game against Phoenix (assuming it happens, etc. etc.) and the rest of the slate.
What do you think? Which game are you most looking forward to? Leave a comment below.