The LA Galaxy continue to battle injuries and a stagnant midfield while Orland City SC continues to battle against not having enough good players to be good. Both teams are pretty averse to playing attractive soccer right now, so good thing this game is on national TV showcasing the league. Here's what to watch.
What to Watch:
- Set pieces and crosses. That's pretty much been the Galaxy's only offense since Robbie Keane's injury. Just how reliant have we been on this aspect of our attack? It makes up a whopping 39% of our shots since Keane went down injured and a total of 4 of our 6 goals during that same period. If the Galaxy score, it'll probably be on a set piece or cross.
- With Gargan suspended and Rogers questionable, it'll be interesting to see who Bruce lines up as outside backs. AJ is always a good option, but Bruce may need to call on someone else to man the other side. This means we could see the debut of Sorto, a return to outside back for Garcia, or another rare Tommy Meyer sighting at fullback.
- Sources tell me that Orlando has some dude named Kaka who is pretty good at soccer. Keep an eye out for him.
- We could very well see the debut of Sebastian Lletget in this game. Let's hope he's the savior this team needs.
- Lots of passing, few shots. Both teams are pretty adept at the bunker so this could very well end up a low scoring affair.
How to Watch
Match date/time: Sunday, 2 PM Pacific
Venue: Citrus Bowl, Orlando
TV: ESPN 2 Streaming: Watch ESPN