- Last night wasn't just third kits and autographs, it also saw the LA Galaxy reserves taking on the LA Blues. The reserve side played the Blues to a 1-1 draw, but the biggest story was Robbie Rogers making his first start since coming back to competitive soccer. He went 72 minutes, but Adam Serrano tweeted that he looked tired late.
Robbie Rogers goes a solid 72 minutes and exits for Hector Jimenez. First stretch for Rogers, who did well early, but tired late. #lagalaxy— Adam Serrano (@LAGalaxyInsider) June 16, 2013
- Goalkeeper speculation is fair after Brian Perk started for the reserves, and then after an early injury Brian Rowe replaced him. That's now two playing situations where Carlo Cudicini was not an option for the LA Galaxy. Come Wednesday, does Arena go with the keeper who's had more than two weeks off?
- Todd Dunivant did 58 minutes of work and wore the captain's armband. The short appearance suggests Arena wants to use him again on Wednesday, which is a good thing. Marcelo Sarvas relieved him, not starting despite not being available Wednesday.
- Also recovering from injury Jack McBean came in with fifteen minutes left in the match. He'll likely need more time before he's full match fit again. I'd like to see Arena stick with the 4-3-3 and with Rowe on Wednesday, which would look like:
- Rowe; Franklin, DeLaGarza, Meyer, Dunivant; Stephens, Juninho, Rogers; Zardes, Keane, Donovan.