Some morning links to remember the LA Galaxy victory by
- Victory always brings about narrative. Real Salt Lake dominated possession and Rowe had to make eight saves, but an early 2-0 cushion has the LA Times claiming the Galaxy coasted to victory over RSL. As 2-0 victories go, on the road using four replacements form the normal senior squad and facing twenty attempts on goal; that's not exactly coasting.
- The Deseret News took essentially the same angle though from the defeated perspective. RSL was doomed by a slow start which resulted in the loss to the Galaxy. Two goals in the opening thirteen minutes, one scored by rookie Charlie Rugg, were something Salt Lake was unable to recover from.
- The Salt Lake Tribune focused on the lack of Saborio, RSL's leading scorer. He was on the field during warmups, but was ruled unable to go. None of Saborio, Donovan, Keane, Dunivant, or Cochrane had their injuries reported to MLS.
- For a bit more perspective on Brian Rowe, here's a piece on him when he took UCLA's starting goalkeeper job after Brian Perk was drafted.
- For more on the Galaxy injuries, here's an update from LA Galaxy Insider.