Hey friends. A couple of quick hitters, wrapping up Saturday night's match between the LA Galaxy and Real Salt Lake, and looking ahead to tomorrow's match with the New York Red Bulls.
- Ives Galarcep (who sat next to me in the press box on Saturday) reports that the after match shouting match between David Beckham and Jason Kreis was over some of Beckham's challenges. Kreis was unhappy with some of them, and let Beckham know it.
- Brian Lewis of the NY Post reports that Landon Donovan will not play with LA tomorrow. He suffered a knock against RSL, and certainly has a justifiable case of tired with three matches in seven days. It's not clear whether he traveled with the team to New Jersey, but with national team duty this weekend it is doubtful.
- Just a reminder, but it's been known for a while that Robbie Keane won't be joining the Galaxy in New Jersey. He's supposed to be reporting to camp in Ireland today.
- This means David Beckham will be the only DP available for LA as they go up against New York. NY has had their own DP problems, but one has to wonder how likely it is for Beckham even to be in the starting 11. Since the back spasms have been reported, he hasn't played more than one game in a seven day span. On the other hand, the Galaxy don't play again until next weekend.
- Mike Magee was kept out of the 18 on Saturday, as were other questionables Donovan Ricketts and Chad Barrett. Ricketts was seen around the HDC, as was Birchall, but I didn't see Mike Magee. Sean Franklin was seen walking around on crutches, poor Franklin.
- LA have eliminated RSL from the Supporter's Shield race. A win in New Jersey would make it mathematically impossible for Seattle Sounders FC to catch the Galaxy. With three matches left each, a win would put ten points between LA and Seattle. If the Red Bulls are not defeated by the Galaxy, the Sounders could remain in the race mathematically.