Good morning Galaxy fans! It's another roundup of all the muck that's fit to rake. Practices and new TV shows, plus RSL shoring up their place at the top.
- The StubHub Center is going to host Real Madrid and Everton training sessions on August 2nd. If one is so inclined they can pay $35 ($25 for season ticket holders) to watch practice. If that's what you're into.
- Carlo Cudicini and Donovan Ricketts both are nominated for Save of the Week after their performances in Portland on Saturday. Cudicini seems to have a knack for being nominated for SotW once every ten weeks, just like clockwork. Looking forward to his great save in week 30.
- RSL sit atop the Western Conference, and they just got better this morning acquiring Brandon McDonald from DC United. If they can return McDonald to his form of last year that led DC United to the playoffs, RSL gets a solid defender with years left on his legs. His hefty contract made him expendable for DCU.
- Some TV news as both ESPN and NBC Sports Network step up for a soccer filled fall. NBC Sports kicks off it's EPL coverage on August 17th; Arlo White has already left to prepare for the new season. The plan is majorly ambitious, with the net planning to air every since EPL match - all 380 games across the NBC family of networks. Think of it like NBC's Olympic coverage where boxing is on Bravo and Fencing is on CNBC and a ton of content is available for live streaming.
- ESPN is launching ESPNFC on August 5th. The show will be on ESPN2 at 5:30 Eastern, Monday through Friday and a Sunday wrap-up show at midnight. With the demise of Fox Soccer, one of the lamented loses was the world soccer highlight shows. Now both ESPN and NBC Sports will have soccer highlight shows six to seven days a week.
- Update: Fox Sports will also be launching a daily soccer highlights show called Fox Soccer Daily starting on August 19th. Not sure if this means the Fox Soccer branding will survive the switch to Fox Sports One, but three networks with dedicated soccer studio programming is a sudden embarrassment of riches.