Some morning links to get you ready for match day.
- We'll start off in Kansas City, where the Kansas City Star thinks Sporting Kansas City is up to the challenge of facing the Galaxy. Respect, but no fear of the defending champions. This will be the only time Kansas City faces LA this year, and KC does have to overcome a midweek match against the New York Red Bulls.
- On the LA side, the Galaxy theme is this being the week when it all finally comes together. Three starters should be coming back from injury, and Donovan's form is improving with each passing hour. LA will be without Leonardo who serves a one match red card suspension, and likely without Jose Villarreal who's questionable with a shoulder injury.
- Possible lineup no. 1: Cudicini; Franklin, DeLaGarza, Gonzalez, Dunivant; Donovan, Juninho, Sarvas, Magee; McBean, Keane
- Possible lineup no. 2: Cudicini; DeLaGarza, Gonzalez, Meyer, Dunivant; Franklin, Juninho, Sarvas, Donovan; Magee, Keane
- The change between one and two is Tommy Meyer for Jack McBean, one youngster for another. No matter what it seems a youngster is going to have to step into one of the starting spots this week as possible lineup no. 3 is...
- Possible lineup no. 3: Cudicini; Franklin, DeLaGarza, Gonzalez, Dunivant; Donovan, Juninho, Sarvas, Cochrane; Magee, Keane
- The options with last year's back line seem to be the more stable options, and there's a Graham Zusi sized reason to want experienced players in the midfield. That's why I think possible lineup no. 1 is the best option. McBean and Keane can mix it up at the forward positions, with experience behind them keeping Kansas City from getting possession and good looks on goal.