Morning links go great win pancakes and eggs
- Bruce Arena said last night after the 1-0 victory over the Colorado Rapids that the team would have to see about Keane's fitness when he returned to the team in Washington D.C. News came out this morning that Keane has been scratched from the Irish national team's World Cup qualifier on Tuesday due to a calf strain. That likely rules Keane out of the Toronto tilt .
- Omar Gonzalez on the other hand boarded the plane for Mexico this morning without issue. With Gonzalez looking solid to start on Tuesday at the Azteca, Arena may choose to rest him against Toronto as well. The Galaxy back line last night was solid, with Leonardo continuing to look fit on his comeback tour.
- Continuing on with players away from the club, Oscar Sorto is currently with the Galaxy Academy team playing in the Dallas Cup. He's joined by Paul Arriola and Raul Mendiola who both have another chance to prove they deserve a homegrown contract. Select matches from the tournament will be broadcast on Time Warner Deportes.
- Remember, Mexican scouts are also known to use the Dallas Cup to scout new talent. As much as this is a chance to show off for Galaxy coaches, it's also a time when Galaxy youth could see offers to take their talents to Liga MX.
- Speaking of Oscar Sorto, the US U-20 coach Tab Ramos will hold an April camp to solidify his roster before the U-20 World Cup in Turkey. Likely running from April 22-29, Oscar Sorto has been called into the camp giving him another chance at making the World Cup squad.
- The Castrol Index ratings for the Snow Cup match between the US and Costa Rica are in, and Omar Gonzalez is at the top of the list. Under the conditions these rankings are essentially meaningless, but great sign that Gonzalez has been in the top three for each of the three matches that Castrol has done rankings for.