MLS announced today the top 25 MLS jerseys sold through MLSSoccer.com and MLSgearCanada.ca. It should be much of a surprise, but all three Galaxy DPs made the top 25. Given that the Galaxy completely redesigned their kit this year, there were a lot of people who needed a new version of you know who's shirt.
Yes, David Beckham tops the list as the most popular jersey sold through MLS's site. Not far behind him is Landon Donovan who clocks in at number three. Thierry Henry occupies number two, he and Beckham have oscillated between those two spots since Henry joined the league.
Robbie Keane comes in at number eight, behind the likes of Fredy Montero, Chris Wondolowski, and Dwayne DeRosario. There's one more Galaxy player in the top 25, a player so great his legend grows with every passing day. That's right, Mike Magee comes in at 23.
The entire list is as follows:
1. David Beckham LA Galaxy
2. Thierry Henry New York Red Bulls
3. Landon Donovan LA Galaxy
4. Fredy Montero Seattle Sounders FC
6. Chris Wondolowski San Jose Earthquakes
7. Tim Cahill New York Red Bulls
8. Robbie Keane LA Galaxy
9. Mauro Rosales Seattle Sounders FC
12. Chris Pontius D.C. United
13. Osvaldo Alonso Seattle Sounders FC
15. Kris Boyd Portland Timbers
16. Barry Robson Vancouver Whitecaps FC
18. Brad Davis Houston Dynamo
19. Roger Torres Philadelphia Union
20. Freddy Adu Philadelphia Union
23. Mike Magee LA Galaxy
25. Arne Friedrich Chicago Fire