Kelvin Kuo-USA TODAY Sports
The Galaxy want to bring Juninho back, Christian Wilhelmsson and Chad Barrett are on their way out.
Bruce Arena held an end of the season teleconference this morning, and helped shed some light on the Galaxy's offseason priorities:
- Christian Wilhelmsson and Chad Barrett are out. Wilhelmsson had a second year option that the Galaxy aren't picking up due to the expense it carries with it, and Chad Barrett was listed for the MLS Re-Entry draft after being sent on loan at midseason.
- The Galaxy are working to bring back Juninho. LA have been able to secure a loan with Juninho's parent club each of the last three years, hopefully a permanent solution can be worked out soon.
- Homegrown player Oscar Sorto has been signed for 2013. The defender makes the leap from the U-18s onto the senior squad. Club hasn't yet made a decision on Zardes, Mendiolia.
- Bruce Arena said he'd love to play an exhibition between champions LA Galaxy and Club Tijuana. A sort of Community Shield between countries. I think MLS should strongly consider making this a thing, especially with the Liga MX Clasura final outpacing MLS Cup in the ratings game.
- The Kaka rumor continues to circulate, but SB Nation's Jeremiah Oshan is still skeptical.
For AEG's Tim Leiweke, it's been quite a year - latimes.com
The powerful but down-to-earth L.A. sports executive has overseen two teams — the Kings and the Galaxy — winning championships. And that's just the beginning.
- With David Beckham era over, Galaxy must bend even more - DailyBulletin.comAs Bruce Arena looked up and down the ranks of the Galaxy players, he pointed out which ones were there when he arrived as coach four years ago. David Beckham, Landon Donovan, Bryan Jordan, Sean Franklin.
In other news: