Let's jump right into it, fresh off the Teletype.:
Landon Donovan is completely off the updated injury report, and Omar Gonzalez has been upgraded to probable. Jovan Kirovski (left ankle sprain) joins David Beckham and Chad Barrett as questionable.
- Chris Birchall and David Beckham both come off suspension for Wednesday. Juninho remains one below a yellow card accumulation suspension, however he'll loose one card with two more clean games.
- Further proof the MLS playoffs are constructed for entertainment, not to pick a deserving winner:
Two facts to be considered: (1) Each of the last six teams to reach the MLS Cup Final posted a better regular-season record starting August 1 than they did through the end of July; but (2) six teams that had a losing record on August 1 reached the Final, including two in the past three seasons (New York in 2008, Real Salt Lake in 2009) and three MLS Cup champions: D.C. United in 1996 and 2004, and RSL in 2009. (Elias Sports Bureau)
- Landon's brace on Saturday was his third of the year.
- The team is now one match away from tying their longest unbeaten streaks in club history.
- The Timbers have won just one of their last ten matches. They haven't won at home since May 16th.